What might I need assistance with?
When you lose a loved one, taking care of yourself and your family is your first priority. However, there are a number of things that should be addressed as soon as possible. Please call us here at Davidson's immediately. Anytime, day-or-night, we are here to assist you. We will work with you to take care of the necessary details of the funeral process. Some of the services we provide are:
- Arranging funeral plans.
- Assisting you in notifying friends and relatives.
- Securing necessary permits and death certificates.
- Care and custody of the body.
- Coordinating all details with the clergy.
- Arranging the music you have selected.
- Placing obituary and funeral notices in the newspapers of your community and beyond.
- Assisting in arranging for burial or cremation.
- Assisting in arrangements for cemetery space, grave opening and closing, flowers and monuments.
- Arranging transportation for you and the members of your family prior to, during and after the funeral.
- Notifying any fraternal orders or other organizations.
- Supervision and direction of the funeral or memorial service.
- Notifying your attorney if you are in need of legal assistance.
- Assistance in securing Veterans Administration burial allowances to which you may be entitled.
- Assistance in filing a claim for benefits under the U.S. Social Security Act, if applicable.
- Assistance in making application for Department of Veterans Affairs Funeral Grant, where applicable.
- Help in completing insurance claim forms.
- Contacting friends to serve as casket bearers.
- Furnishing of a memorial book.
- Use of our facilities: Funeral coach, Family car, Visitation room, Chapel.
- Furnishing acknowledgement cards
- Handling of floral offerings and arranging for casket flowers.
- If the deceased is to be sent to a distant location for burial, we will make all necessary arrangements for transportation, funeral service and burial at that destination.
- Follow-up after the funeral.
- Practical assistance with unforeseen details and help in making adjustments.
What purpose does a Funeral serve...
Who are Funerals for...
What should a Funeral include...
Frequently asked questions...